Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Scale is Finally Moving!!

After my last doctors appointment and getting my 2nd fill, it has really focused me and got me back on track. After my first 2 months of not losing any weight I was feeling very discouraged and had lots of buyers remorse with my band. On my surgery day I weighed in at 264, during the following week, I got down to 258 because I was on liquids only, but once I started adding soft foods back into my diet, I shot right back up to 264 and just have been maintaining 264 since then. Every so often I would do good, and lose a couple pounds, but then would gain the same couple pounds back if I went to dairy queen and got a small blizzard or something I knew I shouldn't have been eating. The yo-yo'ing just continued until I got my 2nd fill. The restriction has been so much better. I was upset at first because I felt jipped and I didn't think 0.7cc's would even make a difference in how much I can eat. My doctor wanted me on liquids for 2 days and then soft foods for the 3rd day. The day of my fill I was hungry most of the day, and by day 3, I can literally only get between 2-4 small spoonfuls of cottage cheese down, and I'm completely satisfied for hours.

This weekend has been amazing though. I feel like my attitude and mind set are on a different wave length and so much stronger now. I've made a conscious decision not to eat the things I know I shouldn't be eating. I've also been responsible and started adding activity back into my life. Yesterday and today, I thought I would get a good walk in so I took Bailey for a walk. My dog is so hyper-active, she runs around like a maniac 24/7  so she doesn't get many walks because I've been such a horrible/lazy mother. But since I know I need the exercise, and she loves when we go on our "walkies" I knew she wouldn't object.

Here's Bailey while we were walking around the lake
She was checking out some kids chasing birds

Overall just within the past few days since I got my fill on Thurs the scale has been moving and I've started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

From Thurs to Friday -1 lb
From Fri to Sat - 1 lb
From Sat-Sun - 6 lbs!!!!!
(6 pounds is this seriously possible??)

I've lost a total of 8lbs from Thurs-Sun can you believe that shit!? I just about fell off my scale when I hopped on it this morning. My 2nd fill was just the boost I needed and I have more motivation than ever right now!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you!!!
    Reading your blog post was just what I needed to read.
    I had surgery 10-15-10 and I've only lost 24lbs. :O(
    I have another fill coming up in two weeks and I can barely wait!

    Keep up the good work.
    You are an inspiration to others!

    ReplyDelete